Ruth is a security management expert with experience in ensuring protection of data both for Grant Thornton Malta itself and by assisting clients during various projects. Ruth has a deep technical knowledge of the EU data protection regulations as well as Maltese legislation. As she leads the compliance and risk function, one of her main roles is to ensure compliance with data protection obligations. Moreover, she detailed knowledge of risk management skills which assist in the identification of data protection risks and the mitigation thereof. Ruth assisted various clients, which are predominantly based in Malta, to implement the General Data Protection Regulation and to maintain the necessary standards for the protection of personal data.
- Oversight of the design and development of data protection and privacy documents such as data protection impact assessments, data breaches procedures, data protection policies, consent forms, data retention policies, and privacy notices.
- Design and delivery of data protection training programmes.
- Testing the effectiveness of data protection impact assessments.
- Advising Boards and senior management about adequate implementation of data protection.
- Undertaking a detailed and independent compliance audit in terms of GDPR.
- Assessing data breaches and recommending mitigation measures to minimise risks.
- Membership of the Institute of Financial Services Practitioners (IFSP)
- Certificate in Anti-Money Laundering and Funding of terrorism
- MSc Security Management and Counter Fraud & Counter Corruption - University of Portsmouth (UK)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Criminology - University of Malta