- Tax and regulatory
- Direct international tax
- Indirect international tax
- Global mobility services
- Transfer pricing
- Estate planning
- Wealth advisory
- Trust and trustee services
- Regulatory and legal
- Corporate services
- Ship and aircraft registration
- Company formation Company formation
- Financial regulatory services
- VAT VAT
- 2018 Amendments of the Income Tax Act
- Family trusts
Trust and trustee services
As an entrepreneur, business owner, parent or guardian, you will want to ensure that whatever happens in the future, the rewards from your hard work can be protected as efficiently as possible. Grant Thornton Fiduciaire Limited (Grant Thornton) understands this and provides a professional and holistic trust management service.
Grant Thornton is an independent trust company licensed by the Malta Financial Services Authority since 1998. We are regulated in terms of the Trusts and Trustees Act to provide trustee and fiduciary services, complemented by a wide spectrum of company registration and secretarial services.
With years of experience working with different asset types in a wide range of jurisdictions, we act as professional trustee to a number of private and corporate trusts. The various trust portfolios we manage include real estate and immovable property, transferable securities, art, luxury vehicles, aircrafts and vessels.
As an independent privately-owned firm forming part of a network of over 130 offices worldwide, we act as a conduit to the world’s finest asset managers, funds and products. Our trust clients enjoy peace of mind that their assets and interests are protected throughout the lifetime of the trust, with access to specialist advice throughout the lifetime of the trust.
Grant Thornton provides a wide range of services including administration of the trust assets, trust accounting and maintenance of asset ledgers, taxation advice, statutory reporting and filings with the relevant authorities and ongoing compliance services.
As your trustee, we can provide a number of services which include:
- holding and administering assets for the benefit of beneficiaries
- holding security over charged assets, or assets on behalf of secured parties
- acting as an impartial holder of security or assets
- releasing from, or accepting additional assets into the portfolio
- enforcing security in the event of default
- reviewing amendments and other legal requirements.
Our services can also cover charitable trusts and foundations, as well as services to voluntary organisations.
In addition to customised trust arrangements, Grant Thornton can offer a comprehensive suite of quality corporate services including:
- incorporation of Maltese companies, company secretarial services, company management and domiciliation
- fiduciary services including the holding of shares on the basis of mandate
- opening and administration of bank accounts
- escrow services
- back office management services including accounting, VAT administration, tax administration and payroll.
Thinking about setting up a trust?
Let Grant Thornton help.