Malta’s Health Minister Chris Fearne has announced a number of new directives aimed at reducing the spread of COVID-19 among the community after a record 72 new cases have been discovered on Saturday.
The new measures are:
- Bars and nightclubs will remain closed, except for those establishments including restaurants (only seated patrons will be served);
- Gatherings of more than 15 people are not allowed;
- Masks are to be worn in enclosed spaces, with the exception of restaurants;
- Boat parties are banned, while harbour cruises will still be allowed, provided that social distancing measures are enforced;
- Seated wedding receptions are allowed, but food and drinks can only be consumed at the table.
Apart from the above measure, Malta will also issue an “amber list” of countries, arrivals from which will need to produce COVID-19 a negative test result.