SME internationalisation grant scheme
This Grant Scheme seeks to support SMEs through the provision of Grants to part-finance costs to actively participate in International Business Promotion Fairs held outside Malta, aimed at the internationalisation of the undertaking by introducing their products/services to new markets and by strengthening their international market presence. A sum of €2 million has been allocated to this scheme.The assistance consists of non-repayable grants up to a maximum value of €10,000. SMEs may receive assistance with aid intensity on eligible expenditure of 50%.
The grant scheme shall be administered and managed through an open rolling call.
SMEs actively participating (through stands and exhibits) in International Business Promotion Fairs held outside the territory of Malta.
50% of eligible expenditure up to €10,000
- rental of the exhibition space/stand
- contractual services related to the construction and setting-up of the stand
- air travel
- design and printing of branding material
- shipment of exhibits
Type of call
open rolling call
- fisheries and aquaculture
- primary production of agricultural products
- processing and marketing of agricultural products
- energy generation, distribution and infrastructure
- the steel sector
- transport sector, the coal sector
- the shipbuilding sector
- the synthetic fibres sector
- financial and insurance activities
- real estate activities
- gambling activities
Grant Thornton has a long and success track record when it comes to assisting clients tap such EU funds and has continued to invest in more human resources to provide the client with a whole range of services from scoping of the project, to grant application and project management.
Download our EU funding brochure for more information on the various schemes and the services offered by our EU advisory team.
Or you can contact a member of our team for a no-obligations introductory meeting.