When setting up a business or a company in Malta you need an effective, EU-based solution. The competitive tax system in combination with the extensive network of Double Taxation Agreements and its English-speaking educated workforce makes Malta an interesting and progressively popular business vehicle to register for companies from all over the world. Malta provides several solutions to accommodate your requirements, whether one is need for a Malta holding company (to be used as part of an effective asset-holding structure), a ship owning company, a Malta trading company, an investment vehicle or a captive insurance company.
Normally the formation process will be finished within two days after receiving the receipt of the documentation and satisfaction of requirements established by Maltese law.
Through the drafting and registration of its Memorandum of Association a company is set up. All shareholder/s must subscribe thereto and a certificate of registration is issued in respect thereof. The MOA should include:
- company name
- address and official identification of the subscribers thereto
- the nature of the company (private or public)
- the registered office of the company in Malta
- the object and purpose of the company to be incorporated
- details of the authorised issued and paid up share capital
- judicial and legal representation of the company
- details and number of directors and secretary