As from the 7 November, employers may be able to meet officials from Jobsplus at the Business First offices in Mriehel. Jobsplus officials will guide employers on the optimisation of usage of their Jobsplus website accounts and inform employers about Jobsplus services and schemes.
Business First is a one-stop shop for entrepreneurs and SMEs. Officials from a number of departments are already offering services from Business 1st and these include VAT, Income Tax, MTA, Malta Enterprise, ERDF, Environmental Health and Identity Malta.
Other services offered by Business First include the following:
Establishment of legal entity
- request for company name search and company name reservation
- request for registration of companies
- request for registration of self-employed.
- request for National Insurance (NI) number
- request for employment licences with respect to
- third country nationals
- long term residents
- asylum seekers
- request for registration of commencement of employment
- request for registration of termination of employment.
Registration for tax purposes
- request for company registration for tax purposes
- request for expatriates' registration for tax purposes
- request for employers' (companies and self-employed) registration for tax purposes.
Registration for VAT purposes
- request for registration for VAT purposes
- request for VAT fiscal receipt books
- request for VAT authorisation to use a computerised sales system.
- request for trading licences issued by the Commerce Division
- request for licences for catering establishments including relative Food Safety Unit approval of food business premises
- request for a Travel Operator or Excursion Operator licence
- request for a recreational Dive Centre licence
- request for the proposal of water-sports operator licence
- request for the issuance of water-sports operator licence
- request for renewal of water-sports operator licence
- request for abeyance of water-sports operator licence
- request for revocation of abeyance for water-sports operator licence
- request for voluntary deletion of water-sports operator licence
- request for licences/permits for private schools and tuition centres.
Tourism related licenses
- request for Tourism Accommodation Development licence
- request for a Holiday Furnished Premises licence
- request for licence for use of holiday furnished premises for domestic tourists
- request for a Host Family licence
- request for licence to give house on lease, emphyteusis or other title to a tourist
- request to place tables and chairs on a public space
- request for playing amplified music in tourism establishments.
- request for the Notification of Processing Operations and Authorisation of Transfers to Third Countries.
Meetings are set by prior appointment by contacting Business First on helpline 144 or by sending an e-mail.