Michael holds a Bachelor (Hons.) in Economics from the University of Malta and is also a qualified accountant after completing his ACCA qualification in 2016. In 2018 Michael also completed, with High Honours, the Advanced Valuation Certificate from New York University – Leonard N. Stern School of Business taught by Professor Aswath Damodaran.
Michael joined Grant Thornton in 2014 and specialises in corporate finance. His work is mainly revolved around business and asset valuations, and assistance with raising finance, both through bank finance as well as capital markets.
Michael forms part of the transaction advisory team at Grant Thornton where he services a varied portfolio of clients in different sectors, ranging from hospitality, healthcare, real estate, retail, renewable energy, and information technology. Throughout the years Michael was involved in a variety of corporate finance engagements, these mainly include:
- Business, asset, intangible, and real estate valuations
- Review of valuations
- Assistance with raising finance on capital markets
- Financial due diligence reports
- Balance sheet and debt restructuring
- Assisting clients with delineating financial strategies
- Impairment reviews
- Corporate finance disposals and acquisitions
- Risk and scenario stress testing analysis
- Financial modelling and preparation of financial projections.
- Bachelor (Hons.) in Economics from the University of Malta
- Advanced Valuation Certificate from New York University – Leonard N. Stern School of Business