- Interns Interns
- Experienced hires
- Current vacancies Current vacancies
Specialism / Function
Transaction Advisory Services
The Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team provides a broad range of advisory services to clients and the TAS Senior Manager must be capable of managing assignments and reporting directly to the partners, whilst also interfacing with clients, financiers, auditors and other professionals; know when to seek advice from other specialists, colleagues and/or partners and demonstrate analytical skills and judgment, as well as leadership to staff by delegating, reviewing, mentoring and coaching staff members. Here are some things you can expect from this Transaction Advisory Senior Manager role.
- Demonstrate knowledge of various industries as well as assessing which key performance indicators would apply to each industry and applying them to understand and analyse the client’s needs.
- Manage assignments in corporate finance, including company valuations, IFRS reporting and financial due diligences.
- Modelling a comprehensive set of projections which include an income statement, statement of financial position and cash flow statement.
- Provides on the job training, coaching and ongoing feedback to juniors
- Demonstrates expertise in the application of IFRS, particularly new standards and is seen by peers and subordinates as a reference point for advice on technical areas
- Demonstrates and understands technical issues arising in an assignment, offering solutions, and seeking advice when appropriate.
- Resolves and identifies risk management issues and applies knowledge to manage such issues.
- Managing assignments from start to finish, including issuing of letters of engagement, performing know-your-client procedures, compiling a financial model and drafting reports, issuing bills and chasing of debtors
The successful candidate must:
- Be capable of writing high quality, professionally presented reports.
- Review teams’ output, ensuring key issues are communicated effectively.
- Ensure all files are closed down on completed projects in accordance with Grant Thornton policy (including approval sign off).
- Demonstrate leadership within the team.
- Have effective task delegation skills to junior accountants and review of work to ensure quality control.
Skills to set you apart
- Previous experience in transaction advisory ideally in corporate finance
- Managerial experience
- Working within a team environment
- Experience in client facing work
- Experience of using analytical skills and applying them in commercial judgement
- Experience in developing and mentoring junior staff
- Developing ability to build and maintain a network of industry contacts
- Extensive experience of drafting reports and reviewing reports and financial statements
- Good working knowledge of MS office applications, in particular Excel and use of shortcuts and formulas
The minimum criteria
- ACCA qualified or Masters in Accountancy
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role or as part of an audit team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills, analytical skills, time management and ability to meet deadlines
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org