- Interns Interns
- Experienced hires
- Current vacancies Current vacancies
Specialism / Function
Transaction Advisory Services
The Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team provides a broad range of advisory services to clients and the Senior Executive must be capable of handling assignments which would interface with client management, financiers, auditors and other professionals; know when to seek advice from colleagues, managers and partners and demonstrate analytical skills and judgment. Here are some things you can expect from this Transaction Senior Executive role.
- Demonstrate knowledge of various industries as well as assessing which key performance indicators would apply to each industry and applying them to understand and analyse the client’s needs.
- Undertakes assignments in various areas of corporate finance, including company valuations, IFRS reporting and financial due diligences.
- Modelling a comprehensive set of projections which include an income statement, statement of financial position and cash flow statement.
- Provides on the job training, coaching and ongoing feedback to interns
- Demonstrates expertise in the application of IFRS, particularly new standards and is seen by peers and subordinates as a reference point for advice on technical areas
- Demonstrates and understands technical issues arising in an assignment and discussing them with the manager on the job
- Resolves and identifies risk management issues and applies knowledge to manage such issues
- Undertakes from start to finish, including issuing of letters of engagement, performing know-your-client procedures, compiling a financial model and drafting reports and issuing bills
The successful candidate must:
- Be strong in research, analysis, and interpretation.
- Be capable of writing high quality, professionally presented reports, and ensuring that all key issues are communicated effectively.
- Ensure all files are closed down on completed projects in accordance with Grant Thornton policy (including approval sign off).
- Demonstrate leadership qualities within the team.
Skills to set you apart
- Previous experience in transaction advisory ideally in corporate finance
- Working within a team environment
- Experience in client facing work
- Experience of using analytical skills and applying them in commercial judgement
- Developing ability to build and maintain a network of industry contacts
- Extensive experience of drafting reports and preparing financial model
- Good working knowledge of MS office applications, in particular Excel and use of shortcuts and formulas
The minimum criteria
- ACCA qualified or a Degree in Accountancy
- Minimum 2/3 years of experience in a similar role or as part of an audit team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills, analytical skills, time management and ability to meet deadlines
Please send your CV to email@example.com