- Interns Interns
- Experienced hires
- Office Manager
- Learning and Development Executive, People and Culture
- Assistant Managers, Managers and Senior Managers
- Administration officer
- Senior Executive in Tax
- Junior Accountant
- Senior Executive Transaction Advisory Services
- TAS (Transaction Advisory Services) Assistant Manager
- Lead associate, Compliance and Risk
- Junior lawyer
Specialism / Function
As part of the firm’s expansion, we are looking for a candidate to join our Tax team.
The person would be responsible for supervising the tax compliance functions of a portfolio of clients and to also assist the team as may be required.
Candidates, should have a minimum of 2 years‘ local experience in tax compliance. Experience or certification in Maltese tax will be considered an asset.
- Assist clients in area of direct taxation;
- Seeing to the needs of clients and prospective clients in the best possible manner and efficiently;
- Assist in the tax compliance work and review thereof such as income tax computations and claims for refund amongst others;
- Advise private clients as to their fiscal obligations in terms of the various tax residency schemes applicable at the time;
- Be a point of reference for company employees on tax-related issues, particularly tax compliance;
- Manage and coach colleagues and the team;
- Anticipate problems and provide solutions;
- Liaise with auditors;
- Any other duties as may be assigned to the Employee by the Employer from time to time, subject to these being within the professional competency of the Employee.
Applicants must be fully qualified Accountants with a minimum of 2 years’ local working experience in a similar tax role.
Specialisation or certification in Maltese tax will be considered an asset.
- Can work independently and within a team;
- Hardworking and organized;
- Can successfully lead a team and meet deadlines;
- Attention to detail.
Why should you consider Grant Thornton?
- Firstly, our culture makes it very easy to for you and our employees to interact with one another, whatever your grade, with an open-door policy;
- We value your opinions immensely and with us you are safe to express yourself;
- Of course, we offer a higher-than-average compensation for the work that you do;
- Besides, you will have a free medical insurance from the day you start
- After 1 year in employment, you would qualify for a “well-being allowance”;
- You may wish to invest part of your salary in a pension scheme that is administered by the Firm – the money you collect is for you to enjoy, even after you stop working with us.
Your career progression is very important to us. With Grant Thornton you will never feel that you’re stuck, and you will experience growth and also financial rewards
Interested candidates are invited to send a motivation letter and a detailed CV to the Associate Director, People and Culture, on firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than 15 October 2022.