Specialism / Function
Quantitative risk management
Lead associate / Executive
Grant Thornton Malta is looking to hire a quantitative analyst with IT and/or mathematical backgrounds at associate/senior level to expand its quantitative advisory and business intelligence services. This is a unique opportunity to join highly qualified colleagues that have garnered management and technical expertise in the UK and US.
Our expert professionals use quantitative techniques to assist organisations in making strategic decisions and manage risk. We provide independent and robust approaches to support complex business decisions around transactions, capital structure optimisation, regulation implementation and risk management. We also support law firms in complex international disputes by providing expert advice and court testimony.
In your role you will be part of a team that use advanced mathematical techniques, statistical tools, market knowledge, modelling and valuation skills to address clients’ problems. Given that value and risk are inextricably linked, our professionals enable organisations to quantify and manage risk to maximise value for their stakeholders. Grant Thornton brings together people with abilities to value businesses and financial instruments as well as advice on optimal ways to manage and hedge risks.
Your key responsibilities
The successful candidate will be involved in local and foreign client engagements. An important part of your role will be creating, maintaining and improving client relationships.
While working at Grant Thornton, you would expect to conduct the following activities:
- Create in-house and/or cloud-based solutions for data warehousing and ETL processes
- Create interactive dashboards to present statistical and/or business data
- Participate in Quantitative Risk engagements by optimising quantitative code and numerical methods
- Build a host of quantitative tools and models that can be applied in different use cases
- Work effectively, sharing responsibility, provide support, and maintain effective communication with team members and senior internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare reports and project plans for clients and internal parties
- Develop and maintain relationships with client and internal personnel
- Develop strong relationships with other team members within advisory and across other services
To qualify for the role you must have
An interest in developing your career in financial services, and establishing client relationships locally and internationally, and a keen interest in developing yourself with the firm.
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics.
We will also consider (although not required):
Relevant experience in using complex computational techniques, either as part of an institution; in an advisory or business consulting capacity to such organisations
A professional financial qualification such as ACCA / CFA / CQF etc.
Experience with the scientific python stack; numpy, scipy, pandas and matplotlib.
Experience in any of the following software development environments: VBA /Java /C++ / SQL/R/Matlab/.NET
What we look for
We are looking to hear from individuals with a positive attitude to help us expand this service line and develop your career.
If you do not meet all the requirements but you still think you have valid experience that can contribute to our team feel free to send us your CV; we will be keen to meet you and discuss any roles available.