Specialism / Function
We are currently expanding our compliance and risk team and are looking for candidates with excellent methodological skills, and an eye for detail, to assist in the continued development and maintenance of a strong compliance culture within Grant Thornton.
The selected applicant will be required to partner with the Firm’s business areas to provide advice, oversight and management of all compliance aspects, including but not limited to anti-money laundering regulations, general data protection regulations, virtual financial assets related rules, company service providers related rules, and other requirements pertaining to the Firm’s service offering.
The selected candidate will be required to:
- assist in developing, initiating, maintaining, revising, and updating of policies and procedures
- collaborate with various business functions to drive and execute policies and procedures
- monitor and, as necessary, coordinate compliance activities, to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities, and to identify trends on a continuous basis
- act as an independent reviewer to identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability, and ensure that compliance issues/concerns are being appropriately evaluated, investigated, and resolved
- assist in issuing reports detailing the operation and progress of compliance efforts
- establish and maintain effective compliance communication programmes
- work with the human resources team to develop effective compliance training programmes
- possess well developed leadership skills, with an ability to lead change in a fast-moving environment, and
- have a high degree of personal integrity, honesty, and impartiality with an ability to take difficult and courageous decisions
The ideal candidate should be in possession of
- a tertiary qualification (or equivalent) preferably in law, financial services, criminology, compliance, or risk management
- excellent communication skills and a strong command of both written and spoken English and
- experience would be considered an asset but not strictly required
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their application, including a recent CV, to the Senior Manager, People and Culture on: firstname.lastname@example.org by latest Wednesday 31 March 2021.