- Interns Interns
- Experienced hires
- Current vacancies Current vacancies
Specialism / Function
Accounts, Tax and regulatory
Grant Thornton, an established professional services firm providing assurance, accountancy, advisory, corporate and tax services to a broad range of Maltese and international clients, is seeking to recruit a Lead Accounting Associate to join its Accounts and Tax team.
Grant Thornton’s accounts team within the corporate and tax service line provides a wide range of accounting, VAT, tax and compliance services directed at entities operating in the international sector.
The vacancy requires a highly motivated and experienced individual who is enthusiastic to take on a portfolio of international accounting clients.
The main responsibilities will include:
- client accounting services, liaising with clients and handling various requests in a timely manner
- preparation of management accounts
- preparation and submission of VAT returns and recap declarations
- preparation of financial statements in accordance with international financial reporting standards (IFRS) and general accounting principles for small and medium sized entities (GAPSME)
- preparation of accountancy files for audit purposes, and
- liaising with auditors.
- in the final stages of ACCA
- two to three years of experience within a similar role
- excellent communication skills
- proficient in the use of standard office tools including Microsoft Excel
- prioritise own work, work on own initiative, and meet deadlines.
He/She will be required to develop and maintain effective relationships with clients and internal departments ensuring lines of communication remain open.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a detailed CV.
Want to learn more about working at Grant Thornton? Read our FAQs.