Specialism / Function
As part of our continuous expansion within the Regulatory, Corporate and Financial Services department, we are recruiting for a qualified lawyer to join our legal team. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for the financial services industry who is willing to expand or enhance their current knowledge through continued exposure to exciting jobs.
The selected applicant will have the opportunity to work on financial services licence applications with regulatory authorities in all three traditional pillars, as well as innovative areas, such as the Fintech and VFA industries. Furthermore, the person will also be assisting on capital markets projects, mergers and acquisitions, complex corporate restructurings, the set-up and maintenance of trusts as well as a lot of other areas being core industries of, or ancillary to, the financial services sphere.
The selected candidate will be required to:
- possess or gain (within a short term) the necessary legal knowledge in a good number of the aforementioned areas
- work towards the achievement of deliverables as may be assigned by superiors
- meet deadlines in an efficient and effective manner, maintaining the Firm’s high standard of excellence in its deliverables
- show a positive sense of team work at all times
- take on a portfolio of clients with the aim of supporting with their ongoing requests which fall within the Regulatory Team’s expertise
- collaborate with all other team members as well as colleagues from other teams
- monitor updates within the financial services field to remain abreast with all relevant developments
- liaise with competent authorities on behalf of clients as may be required
- adhere to all of the Firm’s policies and procedures
- uphold the Firm’s values
The ideal candidate should be in possession of
- the Doctor of Laws or Master of Arts in Advocacy qualifications
- excellent communication skills and a strong command of both written and spoken English
- experience would be considered an asset but not strictly required
A full CV together with the academic transcripts should be addressed to the Senior Manager, People and Culture on firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 13 November 2020.