Specialism / Function
We are currently expanding our compliance and risk team and are looking for candidates with excellent methodological skills, and an eye for detail, to assist in the continued development and maintenance of a strong compliance culture within Grant Thornton. Although this position starts at a junior level, a successful and hard-working candidate will be recognised and promoted in line with the firm’s performance management philosophy.
If selected you will, in due course, be required to partner with the Firm’s business areas to provide oversight and management of all compliance aspects, including but not limited to anti-money laundering regulations, general data protection regulations, virtual financial assets related rules, company service providers related rules, and other requirements pertaining to the Firm’s service offering.
Following a period of training, you will be required to:
- assist in developing, initiating, maintaining, revising, and updating of policies and procedures;
- collaborate with various business functions to drive and execute policies and procedures;
- monitor and, as necessary, coordinate compliance activities, to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities, and to identify trends on a continuous basis;
- act as an independent reviewer to identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability, and ensure that compliance issues/concerns are being appropriately evaluated, investigated, and resolved;
- assist in issuing reports detailing the operation and progress of compliance efforts;
- establish and maintain effective compliance communication programmes;
- work with the human resources team to develop effective compliance training programmes;
- possess well developed leadership skills, with an ability to lead change in a fast-moving environment, and;
- have a high degree of personal integrity, honesty, and impartiality with an ability to take difficult and courageous decisions.
You would ideally be in possession of:
- a tertiary qualification (or equivalent) preferably in law, financial services, criminology, compliance, or risk management, although other specialisations would also be considered;
- excellent communication skills and a strong command of both written and spoken English;
- a willingness to learn and to kick start a career in Compliance and Risk related matters;
- ability to work on your own initiative, without the need for constant supervision.
A full CV together with the academic transcripts should be addressed to the Senior Manager, People and Culture on email@example.com by Wednesday 31 March 2021.