Specialism / Function
We are looking for a Full Time ERP Support Specialist who will be responsible of support operations in ensuring timely and efficient resolutions of application-related incidents and services requests and also helping in the implementation of the technical components and configurations used to effectively run an ERP application.
The ideal candidate will be a technology savvy individual, with a background in web applications, programming, databases, and financial services; a collaborative team player and a desire to communicate ideas respectfully to colleagues.
- Provide day-to-day application support, working closely with operations and business users.
- Gather and analyze application logs and work with 2nd level support to troubleshoot and debug application issues and see through to resolution.
- Develop/execute effective test scenarios, scripts, and use cases with consideration to cross functional and process stream impact where necessary.
- Monitor applications, servers, databases, and scheduled jobs related to applications under support.
- Installation and validation of application releases and patches.
- Participate in ad hoc project and triage meetings to provide support to the business.
- Collaborate with the business to help support the definition of business requirements in-line with organization objectives.
- Interact regularly with Manager to understand global/department business needs.
- Support Project Managers in delivery of projects, acting as a single point of contact for technical aspects, who can interpret technical detail into business language.
- Work with Change Managers to review the impact of new business requirements.
- Contribute to technical aspects of key change documentation such as business requirements, change impact assessments, change implementation plans, change tickets, and change roll-out plans.
- Strive to be transparent and collaborative while focused on teamwork.
- Focused on meeting deliverables and timelines for all engagements while liaising with the business where appropriate to guide and direct to help achieve expected outcomes.
- Manage relationships and actively collaborate with service providers, consultants, partners, and third-party vendors.
- Perform other tasks as required or as directed by IT Management.
Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of MQF/EQF Level5 qualification in related field.
- 2yrs hands-on experience in supporting an ERP system.
- Experience in setting supporting database and database applications (preferably Microsoft SQL).
- Experience with Web Servers and web applications.
- Good knowledge and understanding of T-SQL
- An understanding of accounting principles will be considered an asset.
- Strong analytical and business process analysis.
- Excellent work ethic and customer service orientation
- Must be comfortable with troubleshooting software, computer, and other IT related problems.
- Work output must be detailed for the highest level of accuracy and quality.
- Must be flexible, reliable, trustworthy, and confidential with all matters.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines and goals.
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision.
Send us your covering letter and CV using the link below.