- Interns Interns
- Experienced hires
- Current vacancies Current vacancies
Specialism / Function
We are currently expanding our compliance team and are looking for candidates with excellent methodological skills and an eye for detail to assist in the continued development and maintenance of a strong compliance culture within Grant Thornton.
The selected applicant will be required to partner with the Firm’s business areas to provide advice, oversight and management of all compliance aspects including but not limited to anti-money laundering regulations, general data protection regulations, virtual financial assets related rules, company service providers related rules and other requirements pertaining to the Firm’s service offering.
The selected candidate will be required to:
- assist in developing, initiating, maintaining, revising, and updating of policies and procedures;
- collaborate with various business functions to drive and execute policies and procedures;
- monitor, and as necessary, coordinate compliance activities to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends on a continuing basis;
- act as an independent reviewer to identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and ensure that compliance issues/concerns are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved;
- assist in issuing reports detailing the operation and progress of compliance efforts;
- establish and maintain effective compliance communication programmes;
- work with the human resources team to develop an effective compliance training programmes;
- possess well developed leadership skills with an ability to lead change in a fast-moving environment; and
- have a high degree of personal integrity, honesty, and impartiality with an ability to take difficult and courageous decisions.
The ideal candidate should be in possession of
- a post-secondary qualification (or equivalent) preferably in law, financial services, criminology, compliance or risk management;
- excellent communication skills and a strong command of both written and oral English; and
- at least 1-year experience in the compliance and/or risk management field within the financial services sector.