- Interns Interns
- Experienced hires
- Current vacancies Current vacancies
Specialism / Function
We are looking for a skilled Accounting Technician to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks.
The Accounting Technician’s responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, assisting with certain report preparations and billing. The chosen candidate will be using Sage Evolution accounting software programs to process business transactions, sales Invoices, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts. The successful candidate should be familiar with basic accounting procedures and have an eye for detail.
Ultimately, the successful Accounting Clerk will ensure that the company’s business transactions run accurately and effectively.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting team
- Preparation of sales orders
- Issuing of sales invoices
- Assist company personnel with accounting queries
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Posting of journals in the nominal ledgers
- Reconciliation of ledger balances
Skillsets and Requirements
The ideal candidate must be a qualified AAT or in the process of qualifying for AAT and can work on a full-time basis.
- Highly organised
- Able to work well in a team environment, as well as on own initiative
- Excellent prioritisation and communication skills
- Excellent levels of written and spoken English and Maltese
- Previous experience in Accounts
- Knowledge of Sage is preferred but training will be provided
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
This position would be ideal for someone who is at the initial stages of a career in Accounting. Previous work experience in the field would be considered an asset, however, all the necessary training will be given.
Interested candidates are invited to send a motivation letter and a detailed CV to the Associate Director, People and Culture, on email@example.com by not later than Tuesday 7 December 2021.
All applications will be acknowledged and treated in the strictest confidence.